What are the Pros and Cons of Asphalt Shingles?
There are many options for roofing. Each has its advantages and disadvantages. You should carefully consider the material you choose for your roof before deciding. You can also consult with professional rio rancho roofers while selecting the roofing material.
Your roof plays a vital role in protecting your family and home. You don't want a roof that doesn't protect your home and needs constant repairs. This can lead to a lot of expenses. Consult it with roofing companies in mesa, az, as they’ll help you in choosing the best roof.
Asphalt shingle roofing is one of the best roofing options. Here are some pros and cons to asphalt shingle roofing when you're comparing roofing options:
Asphalt Shingle Roofing: The Advantages
Here are some of the many benefits that asphalt shingle roofing can bring to your home:
- Asphalt Shingles are affordable- Of all roofing materials, asphalt shingles are probably the most economical. This makes them an attractive option for homeowners on a tight budget.
- All styles of asphalt shingles are compatible. Curb appeal is essential, especially if your goal is to sell your home. Asphalt shingles are extremely flexible and visually appealing. There are many styles to choose from, including premium, three-tab, and laminated. They can be used in various types and are not out of place.
- Asphalt Shingles are very easy to install. They are light and straightforward to cut. There is very little preparation work required and no special tools. It will take less time to install an asphalt shingle roof than if you use another roofing material.
- Asphalt Shingles are simple to replace. First, you can replace individual shingles. You don't need to replace the entire roof. Because they are so easy to install, asphalt shingles can be replaced easily.
The cons of asphalt Shingle Roofing
Here are some disadvantages of using asphalt shingle roofing on your home.
- Asphalt Shingles are more susceptible to wind uplift. Cheaper asphalt shingles may be more vulnerable to strong winds, which could cause them to come off, making your roof more susceptible to leaks.
- Asphalt Shingles can Crack - Asphalt shingles are light and can crack easily when exposed to extreme temperature fluctuations. Extreme temperature fluctuations can cause cracks. Shingles can expand or contract due to extreme temperature fluctuations. Damages can also occur when asphalt shingles are exposed to excessive heat.
- Asphalt Shingles should be installed in warmer temperatures. It is generally not a good idea for asphalt shingles to be installed during winter, significantly when temperatures drop below freezing. The shingles could be damaged during installation.
- Asphalt Shingles don't have a distinctive look. Although they won't harm your house's curb appeal, they aren't unique. Asphalt shingles won't make your house stand out as much as other roofing materials like shakes or wood shingles.
- Asphalt Shingles don't last either - They are lighter, more expensive, and more susceptible to damage than other options.
These are just a few of the benefits and drawbacks of asphalt shingles. These pros and cons will help you decide and compare asphalt shingles with other options.